October 24th - 2019
1. When you give us your work details
When you sign up for Milford newsletters you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, work email address and phone number.
If you buy something from Milford, we will collect payment information, contact and delivery information (address and phone number) and details of what you bought. We also keep your work email, telephone number and address if you request quotes, information and samples.
2. We also get technical information when you use Milford website
Whenever you use a website, mobile application or other Internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. Our website is being upgraded and we track certain behaviours in view of optimisation.
- Log data. When you open newsletters, our email provider system servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, the buttons you have clicked, the date and time of when you opened the email.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re visiting our website on, including type of device, operating system.Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
What we do with the info we collect:
We use the information we collect to provide better servcies for you. We commit to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. In order to do that, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
- Respond to your enquiries and requests in view of giving a better customer service
- To contact you regarding any particular project or order
- Send newsletters about 10 times a year by email or text. Each time there will be an option to unsubscribe.
- Identify your location so we can provide language and country specific information and news.
In addition and for similar reasons, we have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the nature of the Service we provide. In short, it’s necessary for us to do these things in order to make the Service relevant, interesting and personal to you as we promised, and it’s in both of our interests for us to do that.
We have a legitimate interest in using information we collect to customise our offline activities. For example, if we see a lot of people are interested in tree planting on roofs we may use it for developing new products and services.
- Identify you across different browser sessions. This means that, if you log in to Milford from your phone (or any device), we'll remember that you're you and you won't need to enter your login details each time you visit Milford.
Storing your information:
Milford is based in Denmark and we store your information on our CRM and/or our Microsoft Navision bookkeeping system on our own server. Milford staff have the rights to add and delete if requested your information in our systems.
3rd party partners; how and when we share information:
- For certain marketing activities our advertising partners may have access to certain companies that provide online tracking for example to Google analytics. Any company we will work with will be required to provide documentation that they comply with EU regulations regarding data and privacy.
- We also share data with security consultants to help us get better at identifying spam. Some information we acquire may be collected by third-party providers on our behalf.
How long we keep your information for:
- We keep your information only so long as is needed to provide the service that is expected of Milford. If you either leave the trade or stop working for the and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalise it so that we can't identify you.
- You have options in relation to the information that we have about you which are described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. You can:
- access the information we hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it and get your information corrected or deleted.
- Contact us either by firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +45 44 97 10 99 to discuss any queries or concerns.